Kimberly and Jim

Kimberly and Jim

Thursday, January 22, 2009








Mii and my Wii

We ( I mean Santa) decided to get the kids a Wii for Christmas this past year. We got each person in the family Wii games and items to go along with our new Wii. I asked Jim ( I mean Santa) for the new Wii Fit because I just knew I would use it daily to start working out. Well, Christmas day came around and then went and my Wii stayed in it's box. Then on December 30th, Jim finally got it out and made our characters ( I did help do that, and to let you know my Mii has enough eye shadow on to put Tammy Faye Baker " god bless her soul" to shame.) So, next we had to get our measurements. I stepped on the fit board and did a battery of simple tests. What did I learn from my newly created Mii, that was suppose to be an exact cartoon copy of me? First of all, my cartoon shirt doesn't cover my cartoon stomach which by the way is awfully life sized. Secondly, my Mii's Wii's fit age is 43, remember I'm 29 here! So Jim and I had a few hard laughs about our cartoon selves in workout attire. Jim's Mii was also chubby but his cartoon shirt fits him. Anyway, we put it back in the box where it stayed for the next 22 days. I didn't look at it, and I tried not to think about the cost of it since I was obviously not going to use it. Well, I'm here to tell you that has changed! Last night I told Jim to get it out and get it started, as I have still never played with any of it at all. I had to redo all those body tests again and guess what? I'd lost 2.9 pounds in the last 22 days ,but still had a Wii fit age of 43. This was a very exciting but I'm sure there would have been more pounds lost if I hadn't pigged out all last weekend, I mean really pigged out. So, with that excitement I decided I'd do a running game since I've been walking everyday at work, I'd change it up. So I ran, hula hooped, and dodged soccer balls ( I'm not sure why that's suppose to help you loose weight, but whatever) and ran some more. I finished, I was hot a sweaty and felt good about myself. So then it was Jim's turn to hop on and do his body test. When he got on and finished his tests the first thing that nosey Wii asked him was " Why have you gained weight?" Then it proceeded to give him like 10 choices to choose from of why he had put on weight in the past 22 days. I thought it was so funny! That is just like us, to both have chubby Mii's and a nosey Wii that wants to be kept in the loop about our every move. So anyway he finished exercising the same as me except he did the stepping aerobics ( which was a lovely sight to see) and wasn't good a hula hooping. Last night I vowed to get up at my regular time without hitting the snooze button for a hour and work out on the Wii. The clock sounded and I got straight up put my tennis shoes on and went into the living room, while still in my night gown and began jogging with the Wii. I will be the first to admit it was a sight to see. Did I mention I had tennis shoes on with no socks on, you know that always looks worse. I ran for 20 minutes, earned points and was able to unlock some new games on the Wii (don't ask me why, but they actually make you earn the games you already purchased.) I don't know about you but something is weird and fishy about that. You can see them but their blacked out until you EARN THEM. I know that a skinny person MUST have came up with that part of the system. I know that no overweight person I know would rightfully build a work out video game thingy (that's also weird, but I'm sure that WAS a overweight persons idea) but make you have to work out to be able to play all the games on the disk you have already purchased. I think that it's a conspiracy that I'm sure all leads back to Al Gore or the state of Florida which is the cause of everything bad. So I then tried to do some more balancing games and was having the worst time but kept trying for several minutes and then gave up. I proceeded to wake Jim up and make him work out. He fussed and whined as this is his off day and he wanted to sleep in, but I finally got him up. He went and got on the Wii and he also was wearing a lovely work out ensemble ( boxers, no shirt, no shoes.) At least I had shoes on even if I didn't have socks! Well he tried and tried for several minutes to do the stepping aerobics thing and it wasn't working for him either. I went to shower he came in a few minutes later and told me I had the Wii fit board turned the wrong way the whole time and it wasn't registering with the Wii system. Somehow I still felt proud for getting up and working out even if that meant having the machine turned totally backwards and fancying up my workout night gown with my Nike's with no socks. Tomorrow has to be better!

5 comments:

  1. I love the WII Fit! My father-in-law has one and we make up excuses to go over there and play it all the time! Good luck trying to get in shape. I really need to get on the ball and start going back to the gym myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly,

    I'm so glad you are "following" my blog. I am touched by your description of yourself and look forward to becoming your friend through our blogs. Have you read my post: "Come To Church" from Dec. 08? I think you would relate to it.

    Can I share a story with you? I have a friend, Cathy, who served in the Stake YW Presidency with me. She told me that as she was growing up, her grandma always knitted sweaters for her, and they were ALWAYS too big. But both her mother and grandmother would say, "Don't worry. You'll grow into it." Cathy said that when she and her husband joined the church (they had been Catholic) people said, "Okay, now you need to have a calling." So they did. Then people said, "Okay. Now you need a patriarchal blessing." So they did. Then people said, "Okay, now you need to go to the temple." So they did. And through all of that, they were really just doing what they were told without feeling comfortable. Both she and her husband felt completely inadequate. When she told me this, they had been members for 13 years. She finished with, "And you know what? It was like those big sweaters my grandma knitted. We've been members for 13 years, and only now, does it fit."

    Hang in there my darling! It WILL fit. And it will be the best, most beautiful fit you've ever known. GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME.

    Mona
    http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com/
    nephi_story@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog through Mona's blog and thought I'd visit. That post was hilarious and I can relate. I tend to work out in my pjs but half the time I end up bare foot. I am too lazy to put some socks and shoes on but somehow every once in a blue moon get the energy to persuade myself to work out. A little backwards but whatever works I guess.

    Like Mona, your description of yourself stuck out to me. I like your attitude...that you hope you will come back to church soon.

    If you want you can check out my blog at becominglds.blogspot.com or read testimonies and conversion stories at my other blogs - becomingldstestimonies.blogspot.com - becomingldsconversionstories.blogspot.com.

    Good luck with all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly,
    Cayla and Zac got a Wii for Christmas and we bought her the Wii Fit. When you get on and get your first little measurements and weight it says "You're obese." Zac was sooo excited he said "Pop, you're a Beast!!
    I loved reading your post!!
    I totally understand the church thing. I have church social anxiety. It's better now. But in the past it has been very bad! But we miss you and just know there are others of us that suffer from "issues"!
    Chaille'

    ReplyDelete